Purpose of Position: To provide exceptional customer service by greeting and serving passengers at airport counters and gates.
- Using an airline computerized system: Make reservations and assessing fares; Ticketing and complete daily sales reports; Passenger check-in; Check, weigh the baggage, calculate any excess baggage charges and process payment.
- Make general passenger announcements.
- Liaise with external and internal customers. i.e. ramp agent, flight crew, dispatch, etc.
- Provide outstanding customer service answering general inquiries at the airport.
- Assist passengers requiring special handling.
- Handle and resolve customer complaints.
- Departure Gate customer service and boarding as well as providing assistance to passengers to and from aircraft.
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Depending on the base, other duties may include:
- Cargo processing.
- Handle missing baggage and damaged baggage claims.
- Jet-way operation.
- Conduct radio communications with aircraft and record flight information.
- Minimum one year of customer service experience.
- General computer experience required, including the ability to type and navigate the internet.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated judgment and problem-solving ability and effective decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work and handle tight deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Previous airline experience or post-secondary courses in travel and tourism are definite assets.
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods regulations an asset.
- Must successfully complete the Customer Service Agent Initial training course in accordance with Company Standards.
- Must obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification ID pass (to be obtained upon employment).
- English language required.
- French language is considered an asset.