Can you work in Canada as a Security guard? If yes, see below on how to apply.
Commissionaires BC is looking for a part-time Security Professional to join our team providing security services for Alaska Airlines at the Kelowna International Airport. This position is part-time (20-30 hours per week) and will fill day and early evening shifts at Alaska Airlines. Duties involve security interviews with passengers, asking a range of questions and making decisions based on response. Security interview training will be provided.
Commissionaires BC is a Canadian, not-for-profit security/enforcement organization that has been in business since 1927. Our mandate is to give back to those who served and continue to serve in our communities and country.
Commissionaires provides security services for over 200 sites and are located in over 110 communities across the province. Our client base runs from the Federal Government to local municipalities, airports, industrial sectors, and commercial/residential buildings.
Our guards are not only behind the scenes providing security and access control, but front and centre providing valued customer service to the public.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity for growth advancement within the organization
- Work for a reputable and nationally known company
- A challenging yet rewarding work environment
- Flexibility of rotations and sites to suit your requirements
- Free uniforms
- Paid on-site training
You’re a good fit if…
- You have excellent interpersonal skills
- You have moderate computer skills
- You hold a positive and can do attitude
- You are reliable and committed
- You can think on your feet and problem solve
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Completing security screening of passengers
- Offering first class customer service to both clients and general public
- Access Control
- Proactively responding to and resolving emergency situations and conflicts
- Maintaining detailed and accurate logs and incident reports
- Effectively communicating problems or concerns to the Site Supervisor
- BC Security License
- You have excellent problem solving skills
- You can work under pressure
- Physically fit and able to stand for long periods
- You have a valid Driver’s Licence with a clean driver’s abstract
- You have resided in Canada for the last five years
- Hold OFA 1 or OFA 2
Job Link expired…