Therefore, are you an aspiring BABCOCK candidate? Do you wish to participate in the upcoming examination? Then you need to fortify yourself, however, there are several ways to do that. Relax and read through, we have provided comprehensive past questions and answers to help you pass BABCOCK University post UTME.
This article also contains a detailed summary of all you need to know about BABCOCK University and its admission procedure.
However, before we proceed, it is important you know a little about the school.
About BABCOCK University
The BABCOCK UNIVERSITY (BU) began on September 17, 1959, as Adventist College of West Africa (ACWA). Established by the Seventh-day Adventist Church as a senior college for training church workers from the West African sub-region, ACWA opened its doors with only seven ministerial students.
By 1966, when it graduated the first set of Bachelor of Arts degree holders in its own name., enrolment included students taking Business Administration as potential accountants within and outside the Church.; and two-year Pre-Nursing students in preparation to pursue a nursing career at the Church’s School of Nursing at Ile-Ife, Osun State.
The first batch of 1,006 students arrived on September 13, 1999
What are the requirements for BABCOCK University Post UTME Registration?
- A Minimum qualification for the First Degree Programs: 5 credits at the GCE/SSCE/NECO Examinations or their equivalent (at not more than 2 sittings); one sitting only for Medicine & Surgery.
- Candidates below 16 years of age are advised not to apply.
- CANDIDATES AWAITING 2019 WAEC/NECO SSCE RESULTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PRESENT ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS BEFORE MATRICULATION.
- All candidates who APPLY DIRECTLY to Babcock University are REQUIRED to sit for the current JAMB examination (for 100 Level) or apply for JAMB Direct Entry admissions (for Direct Entry).
- Candidates who apply for Transfer Admissions need to present JAMB Admission letter and transcript from previous University and Attestation Letters.
How can I apply for Babcock University Post UTME?
- VISIT http://application2.babcock.edu.ng to start the application process. Create login details with a valid email address and telephone number to obtain your Password
- Log-in with your Username as your email address and Password assent to the email address supplied in step 1.
- On the Left Panel do the following:
- Click to fill Form. Make sure you fill all the information requested.
- Click the button to save form if you have filled every information.
- Upload your Passport Photograph according to the specified size, and JPG or PNG format.
- Upload your Passport Photograph according to the specified size, and JPG or PNG format.
- Select Screening Centre and Date of Screening.
Payments: Take the APPLICATION ID to the bank (Wema, Diamond, GTB, FirstBank, UBA). Tell the Teller you are paying for Babcock Application Fees via the eTranzact platform. The fee is ₦2,000.00. The service charge is ₦350.00. Total ₦2,350.00.
- Once payment is done, then log in to the application system and Click Submit.
- Follow all instructions on the left menu, and be sure you print your completed Application Form.
How can I check my BABCOCK University Post UTME result online?
Assembling the Babcock University POST UTME Screening Results information has not been so easy and we have to bring out the best procedures by which candidates can check their results.
- To Access your Babcock POST UTME Screening Results follow the Guideline Below:
- This is Babcock POST UTME Screening Results Portal @ https://umis.babcock.edu.ng/
- Click on ‘Post UTME Candidates’ on the top menu, and then select ‘Login’,
- Insert your Full Name you used to Register your POST UTME Exams. @ the column space
- Finally, click on continue to access your Post UTME score.
What is the general post UTME cutoff mark for BABCOCK University?
You may ask questions like: I had 180 and above but was not still offered the admission to study my desired course?
Candidates with higher scores are first considered in admission basics candidates with lower scores though might meet the cut off mark of 180 may likely not be admitted. In fact, it is the higher your scores, the higher the chance of being admitted.
Departmental Cut off Mark
The Babcock University does not really have a specific cut off mark for courses. However, candidates who have scored a minimum of 200 in UTME examination are eligible to apply for admission into any of their choice courses.
Due to the high number of students wanting to study at Babcock University, the admission processes are competitive and admissions are given based on the higher the jamb scores, the higher the chances of being admitted.
How can I start my clearance as a newly admitted student at BABCOCK University?
Candidates on this list are advised to do the following:
- Print admission letter
- Pay acceptance fee
- Pay school fees
- Report to the Head of Department for academic clearance.
- Finally, proceed for your accommodation
Samples of BABCOCK University Post-UTME Past Questions and Answers
There are fifty (50) questions comprising English Langauge, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry. Note, each subject expect Mathematics are of two groups A and B. Below are the questions
Post UTME Past Questions for the English Language
In the questions below, choose the word(s) or phrase which best fills the gap(s)
1. Jubril found that thieves had entered his house in his absence. He went to the police to report the… (A) break out(B) break up (C) break-in (D) break into
2. After the accused was found guilty by the court, his counsel… before the sentence was passed (A) begged for mercy (B) made a plea for mitigation (C) made an ovation (D) made a plea for litigation
3. The officer was compelled to… the suspect’s car. (A)seize (B) cease (C) sieze (D) sease
4. If you are going to the market, may I… please? (A) follow you (B)come with you (C) come by you (D) come as your second
5. Thank you for the party, we really… (A) enjoyed ourselves (B)enjoyed (C) enjoyed very much (D) enjoyed too much.
Post UTME Past Questions for Mathematics
1. The second and fifth terms of a geometric progression are 21 and 567 respectively find the first term and the common ratio of the progression. (A) 3, 7 (B) 7, 3 (C) -7, 3 (D) -3, 7
2. Tunse bought a house for =N=1,250,000 and spent =N=350,000.00 to renovate it. He then sold the house for =N=2,000,000.00. What is the percentage gain? (A) 40% (B) 65% (C) 35% (D) 32%
3. List the integral values of which satisfy the inequality -2 < 7 – 3x≤ 10 (A) -1, 0, 1, 2 (B) -2, 0, 1 (C) 1, 2, 3 (D) 0, 1,2
9. In a class, 120 students speak English or French or both. 70 speak English and 55 speak French. How many speak English but not French. (A) 45 (B) 50 (C) 55 (D) 60
10. The lengths of the sides of a right-angled triangle are ym, (3y – 1)m and (3y + 1)m, find y. (A) 12 (B) 9 (C) 8 (D) 4
Post UTME Past Questions for Biology
1. The muscle cell fluid of an athlete was tested immediately after a 100m race and was found to contain a high concentration of lactic acid. Explain what could have caused this. The (A) athlete must have eaten food containing a lactic acid (B) athlete must have injected lactic acid into his blood just before the race (C)athlete must have carried out anaerobic respiration during the race (D) athlete must have inhaled lactic acid from the environment during the race.
2. One of this is not a continuous variation (A) height (B) weight (C)tongue rolling (D) skin colour
3. One of the following is usually worm-like, cylindrical or flattened(A) molluscs (B) insects (C) nematodes (D) annelids
4. The roots hairs are for (A) strength and support (B) conducting liquid (C)absorption of water and salt (D) penetration into the soil
5. The random way genes recombine during meiosis and fertilization leads to (A) genetic variation (B) phenotype (C) genome (D) genotype
6. In a cell, the genes are carried by(A) Nuclear membrane(B)Chromatin threads(C) lysosomes(D) Mitochondria
7. An ecosystem is composed of all of the following except:(A) Plants(B) Animals(C)Temperature(D) Meadows
8. In a food web, tertiary consumers belong to which trophic level(A) First(B) Second(C) Third(D)Fourth
9. The primary structure responsible for pumping the blood for circulation through the mammalian circulatory systems is the (A) Veins (B) Right auricle (C)Arteries (D) Left ventricle
10. The cocoon into which an earthworm lays its egg is produced in the(A) prostomium(B) peristomium(C) chaeta(D) clitellum
Post UTME Past Questions for Physics
1. Starting from rest a car of mass 1000kg accelerates steadily to 20m/s in 10 sec, what is the average power developed? (A) 0.2kw (B) 4.0kw (C) 10kw (D) 15kw (E)20kw
2. A gun of mass 0.1kg has a bullet of mass 0.1kg , the bullet leaves the piston when fired at a velocity of 200m/s , find the final velocity (A) 20m/s (B) 23m/s (C) 30m/s (D) 45m/s (E) 15m/s
3. Which of the following pairs has one vector and one scalar quantity? (A) displacement, acceleration (B) potential energy, work (C) speed, power (D)kinetic energy, force (E) velocity, momentum
4. If p is the momentum of an object, then the expression P2/m has the same units as(A) acceleration(B) Energy (C) force (D) impulse(E) power
5. A ship floating in the clear water of density 1000kg moves to sea-water of density 1050kg where it floats, the upthrust on the ship then (A)stays constant (B) decreases (C) increases (D) increases by 0.05 times (E) decreases by 0.05 times
Post UTME Past Questions for Chemistry
1. 0.499g of CuSO4.XH2O, when heated to constant weight, gave a residue of 0.346g. What is the value of X?(A) 2.0(B) 3.0(C) 5.0(D)4.0
2. The principal constituents of natural gas are (A)methane (B) ethane (C) propane (D) butane
3. Which of the following gases can be collected by the method of downward delivery? (A)chlorine (B) oxygen (C) ammonia (D) hydrogen
4. A mixture of sugar and sulphur can be separated by (A) dissolution in water, evaporation, and filtration (B) filtration, evaporation and dissolution in water (C)dissolution in water, filtration, and evaporation (D) evaporation, dissolution in water and filtration
5. What is the percentage of water of crystallization in ZnSO4? 7H2O (A) 33% (B) 44% (C) 55% (D) 87%
WHY YOU SHOULD GET THE BABCOCK PAST QUESTIONS PAPERS
BABCOCK University is a highly competitive university. Only a little portion of the total number of students who apply to the university gains admission. The secret to the selection of the successful student is the Past Questions.
We have discovered that over the years, BABCOCK University repeats its past questions. If you get this past-questions, you will be better equipped to pass the BABCOCK Post-UTME in one sitting and be among those selected for admission.
We have gathered past questions and answers dating as far back as the year 2010 and have discovered that most of the questions are repeated. So, we are assuring you that the questions you get when you purchase this BABCOCK Past Questions and Answers are real past questions that you will likely encounter on the exam day.