Are you of age 21? do you have a valid drivers license? If yes, see below for full details.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or G.E.D. Must be a minimum of 21
years of age and hold a valid commercial
REPORTS TO: Director
JOB GOAL: Operates a school bus over designated routes and provides
a safe and efficient transportation for district students to
and from school and school related events.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and terms of employment according to approved
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated in accordance with provisions
of the district evaluation plan.
- Drives a school bus over designated routes in accordance with specified time schedules and in accordance with regulations and laws related to pupil transportation in the State following specified schedules; transports students to and from school, special events and field trips.
- Maintains bus in a safe operating condition through prescribed daily vehicle inspections and driver maintenance and reports mechanical defects and malfunctions to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains order and discipline among students on the bus following District policies and procedures regarding disciplining of students and contact with school officials, parents and the public; interacts with parents regarding questions, concerns and disputes.
- Performs emergency bus evacuation drills as required by Kentucky Administration Regulations.
- Transports physically handicapped and mentally handicapped children to and from designated locations; lifts and secures wheel chairs; assists in the loading and unloading of handicapped children as necessary.
- Fuels and cleans exterior and interior of buses.
- Attends safety and preventive emergency meetings when required.
- Performs first aid according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Link expired…