Can you work as Butcher in United Kingdom? Can you handle meat? If yes, see below for full details and apply for the job.
A Bit About Us
James Hall & Co. LTD traces its roots back to 1863 when founder James Hall opened a bacon cutting business and retail shop in Southport, Lancashire. James Hall Group of Companies has operated in Lancashire for over 150 years. Today we are an award winning Lancashire based family business, who operate as the primary wholesaler to SPAR retailers. We also own and operate a number of other manufacturing and non food businesses and are one of the county’s largest employers. We believe that our success is due to the team work, skills and commitment of our employees.
Graham Eyes, (one of James Hall’s companies), opened his first butcher’s shop in 1982, at the age of 21. His first shop was on Rufford Road, Crossens, Southport. With over 30 years experience as successful high class butchers, as well as caterers, we are proud to be able to offer our customers meat and produce of the highest standard. We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic individual to join our sales team as a Packer and Wrapper
More About the Role
As a packer /wrapper at Graham Eyes, you would be part of a busy highly efficient team. The role would involve picking and packing meat products and ensuring they are correctly labelled. You will be responsible for keeping the stock levels in the butcher counter maintained and also serving the customers. Product knowledge is essential for you to respond to customer enquiries and make appropriate recommendations.
You will be expected to adhere to Health and Safety standards, ensuring that high food and hygiene levels are maintained.
Here’s What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Handling meat products
- Packing and wrapping products in accordance with the specified procedures
- Accurately labelling products as instructed
- Keeping stock levels in the butcher counter maintained in line with customer demand
- Maximise sales by delivering excellent customer service
A Few Things about You
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- To be able to work as part of a team but also on their own initiative
- Be helpful and friendly and feel comfortable working with the public
- To be enthusiastic, committed and self motivated
- Adopts a ‘can do’ attitude to challenging situations
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
- Previous experience in food handling is preferred but not essential
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate is preferred but not essential
Great People Deserve Great Things
As a member of Graham Eyes high class butchers you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays we have specific benefits such as:
- Staff discount scheme
- Service Awards
- Training and Development