Can you work as a Campus Security in United States? If yes, see below for full details and apply for the job today.
The United States of America (USA), commonly known as the United States (U.S. or US) or America, is a country mostly located in central North America, between Canada and Mexico. It consists of 50 states, a federal district, five major self-governing territories, and various possessions. At 3.8 million square miles (9.8 million km2), it is the world’s third- or fourth-largest country by total area. With a 2019 estimated population of over 328 million, the U.S. is the third most populous country in the world. The capital is Washington, D.C., and the most populous city is New York City.
Details about Campus Security;
Campus police or university police in the United States, Canada and United Kingdom are often sworn police officers employed by a college or university to protect that private property of the campus and surrounding areas and the people who live, work, and visit it.
United Methodist Homes’ Wesley Village in Pittston, PA is committed to serving our community by offering exceptional senior care options while simultaneously creating an employee-friendly environment. Successful United Methodist Homes employees all have one thing in common truly caring about the people we serve. With quality and compassionate care always top-of-mind, our environment offers supportive teamwork and opportunities for healthcare professionals to learn and grow!
United Methodist Homes is currently hiring a Part Time Campus Security to work from 4 pm – 10 pm Wednesday – Friday.
What will I do?
- Secures the buildings and grounds and keeps them in safe condition, free of hazards, such as fires, floods, intruders or trespassers.
- Secures the buildings in compliance with federal and state and local law codes.
- Able to re-set fire alarm panels, emergency generator system and know the location of water and sprinkler main valves.
- Perform daily rounds, inside and out, and reports any unusual findings to the supervisor through his security log.
- Performs security related tasks during the absence of the maintenance staff during the hours/per shift. (i.e. deliver , set-up oxygen tanks, wheel laundry carts to and from the laundry. Removal of trash and infectious waste and dumps it in proper locations.)
- Assists in snow emergencies with removal of snow from sidewalks, walkways and roadways.
- Maintains required records and reports.
- Locks all interior doors during security rounds and maintains security during shift.
- Makes periodic rounds of grounds and buildings, as directed, logs all times of rounds, inside and outside daily.
- Checks door alarm systems, all buildings for proper operation, resets panels and maintains security system.
- Keeps an attentive watch on the security monitors and door security system while on duty. Able to arm and disarm the system. Able to program the systems, and record any activity while not stationed in the security office.
What do I need for this role?
- Current and valid PA Drivers License.
- Completed at least the 10th grade of high school.
- At least one (1) year experience is desired but not necessary; on the job training will be provided.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be in good mental and physical condition, able and willing to perform duties inside and outside the nursing home when necessary.
- Must be able to move heavy objects and have the ability to cooperate with other employees and departments.
What makes United Methodist Homes unique?
- We are a faith-based nonprofit organization, committed to serving the community since 1958, and adhering to our mission of providing a wide range of senior living services with truly exceptional care and compassion.
- We have 2 locations in the Binghamton, NY-area as well as our 2 locations in Northeast PA – all providing senior care options and opportunities for career growth!
- We recognize our success depends on committed staff members. We offer a comprehensive, affordable benefit program which includes spousal and family coverage:
- Competitive pay rates
- Incentive compensation programs
- Health insurance plan with Wellness program options
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 403B retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Forgiveness for RNs and LPNs
- Weekend bonus and shift differential payments.
- Employee referral incentive
United Methodist Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.