The University of Lagos (UniLAG), is one of the most competitive and most sought after higher institutions in Nigeria. Getting into it is not an easy task. This is why preparing yourself by having the knowledge of what the UniLAG Post-UTME questions, give you a serious competitive advantage.
Hence, UniLAG is one of the federal universities that is expected to accommodate students from every ethnic group in the country as well as foreign students. This fact alone could decrease your chances of getting into the school, as the admission slots may be few.
An invitation for a Post UTME can attract more than 12,000 candidates but the university has space for only 5,000. Looking at the figure, you will agree with me that, for you to increase your chances of getting an admission, you need some sort of advantage; which what the UniLAG Post-UTME questions offer you.
How does UniLAG Post UTME work?
Since Post-UTME started in Nigeria since 2002, UniLAG started almost immediately, they officially started later that year. However, the post-UTME at the University of Lagos has always been a handwritten exam. The exam is carried out at the school premises.
In UniLAG post UTME, you are expected to write a certain combination of subjects with respect to the department you are requesting and these combinations of subjects must match the subjects taken in JAMB. In some departments, you will be asked to write the use of English or mathematics.
However, it is more technical and a bit more difficult than what you wrote in Jamb. But it can still happen if you prepare properly.
What is the UniLAG post-UTME cut mark?
There are many things that students must accomplish before being admitted to the department of their choice at any university. One of these, which includes meeting with the cut mark required for each department of the school.
It is very easy to obtain admission if the cut mark required for admission in a particular course is met. This score is generally credited to candidates based on their performance on a particular exam.
Students who obtained a higher score than the required cut mark are more likely to receive admission and receive preferential treatment in the admission process than those who have just reached the exact cut point or obtained a lower score.
Jamb’s fixed cut mark for UniLAG is 200.
How to calculate the UniLAG aggregate cut mark
Like most other universities in Nigeria, UniLAG shares a similar formula when calculating its aggregate.
The same formula used by other federal universities in Nigeria, the UNILAG admission board uses a 50:50 system, where its JAMB score represents 50%, while its subsequent UTME represents the remaining 50%, which will be 100%.
To accurately calculate your aggregate UNILAG score, the most essential things needed are your subsequent JAMB and UTME scores. With these scores, use the following formula to calculate yours.
To correctly calculate your aggregate, know that the JAMB exam is made up of 400 points, while the UNILAG Post UTME has 100 points.
- Divide your JAMB score by 8,
- Divide your Post UTME score by 2,
- Add the result.
The result you get after adding the results is your aggregate UNILAG score.
What are the requirements of UniLAG Post UTME?
Candidates who made the University of Lagos their first option in the UTME and obtained a score of 200 or more are eligible for the evaluation.
In addition, candidates must possess five (5) credit passes in a single session in relevant O-level subjects, including English and mathematics.
Candidates, who will not turn sixteen (16) years before October 31, are not eligible and do not need to run.
Alumni of the University whose admission was withdrawn due to poor academic performance or absence status could resubmit the application on the condition that, although the new admission is for a new program/course different from the previous one.
Any student expelled from the University cannot be offered a new admission.
How to Apply for UNILAG Post UTME
Candidates eligible for UNILAG Post-UTME must pay a non-refundable evaluation fee of N2, 000.00 (two thousand naira ) only through the University Portals.
Eligible candidates must log in to the University of Lagos website https://unilag.edu.ng. Then, follow the steps below:
- Click on Admissions
- Click on the Post-UTME application
- Log in with the UTME number as username and last name in lowercase as password
- Generate and print payment tips.
- Proceed to any commercial bank to make a payment or pay online.
- Return to the University website, upload the passport photograph and complete the application form
- Print post-UTME exam pass
How to access the UniLAG admission list
- All candidates who submitted for post-UTME evaluation should visit https://unilag.edu.ng/
- You must select the admission status link.
- When the website loads, proceed and enter your JAMB registration number in the spaces provided.
- Click on the “CHECK STATUS” heading to access your admission status.
- Wait while the portal is loading. After that, you will see an answer if you have been admitted or not.
JAMB Caps is the official portal to accept or reject admission offers.
How to check the UniLAG admission list in JAMB
All UniLAG Post UTME participants can also access and confirm their UNILAG admission status on the JAMB admission status verification portal using the guide provided below.
- Go to jamb.org.ng/efacility.
- When it opens, you will be asked to log in to your JAMB profile with your username and password.
- After successfully logging in, scroll down to locate and click on the “Verify admission status” tab.
- Select your exam year and write your registration number in the blank boxes provided.
- Finally, click on ‘Verify admission status to verify your UNILAG admission status.
Why You Should Get the UniLAG Past Questions Papers
University of Lagos is a highly competitive university. Only a little portion of the total number of students who apply to the university gains admission. The secret to the selection of the successful student is the Past Questions.
We have discovered that over the years, University of Lagos repeats their past questions. If you get this past question, you will be better equipped to pass the UniLAG Post-UTME in one sitting and be among those selected for admission.
We have gathered past questions and answers dating as far back as the year 2010 and have discovered that most of the questions are repeated. So, we are assuring you that the questions you get when you purchase this UniLAG Past Questions and Answers are real past questions which you will likely encounter on the exam day.
How to Get the UniLAG POST UTME past Questions and Answers.
The UniLAG Post UTME past question cost N2, 000 for your subject combination and to get it, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Select Your Subject Combination
STEP 2: Select Your Payment Method
STEP 3: Confirmation of Payment
Samples of UniLAG Post-UTME 2020 Past Questions and Answers
1. Gone are the days when he… enjoy patronage. (A) would(B) will (C) used to (D) could
2. He did not attend the final burial …. (A) rite (B) rights (C) rites (D) right
In the questions below, choose the option nearest in meaning to the word(s) or phrase underlined
3. The culprits will surrender their loot to the customs officials. (A) give away (B) give out (C) give in (D) give up
1. The lengths of the sides of a right-angled triangle are ym, (3y – 1)m and (3y + 1)m, find y. (A) 12 (B) 9 (C) 8 (D) 4
2. Three consecutive positive integers a, b and c are such that b2 = 4(a + c). Find the value of c. (A) 3 (B) 6 (C) 9 (D) 5
3. Find the number of sides of a regular polygon whose interior angle is twice the exterior angle. (A) 5 (B) 6 (C) 8 (D) 9
1. Which of the following gases can be collected by the method of downward delivery? (A) Chlorine (B) Oxygen (C) Hydrogen (D) Ammonia
2. The principal constituents of natural gas is … (A) methane (B) ethane (C) propane (D) butane
3. 0.499g of CuSO4.XH2O, when heated to constant weight gave a residue of 0.346g. What is the value of X? (A) 2.0 (B) 3.0 (C) 5.0 (D) 4.0
1. A car X moving of mass 500kg accelerates at 1ms-2 when the force due to the engine is 600N. (A)(B)(C)(D)
2. Starting from rest a car of mass 1000kg accelerates steadily to 20m/s in 10 sec , what is the average power developed? (A) 0.2kw (B) 4.0kw (C) 10kw (D) 15kw (E) 20kw
3. If two equal charges each 1C were separated in air by a distance of 1km, what would be the force between them? (A) 2KN (B) 3KN (C) 9KN (D) 10KN (E) 4KN
1. Ribosomes are found in all living cells. What is their function? (A) cellular respiration (B) synthesis of proteins (C) excretion of waste products (D) intracellular transport
2. An ecosystem is composed of all of the following except (A) Plants (B) Animals (C) Temperature (D) Meadows
3. Carbohydrates are stored in animal cells as (A) glucose (B) glycogen (C) maltase (D) starch
Seeking for admission in UniLAG can be a very competitive pursuit and you need to take advantage of the opportunity to create a competitive advantage for yourself. That’s one of the things our UniLAG Post UTME Past Questions will help you achieve.