In our world today, there are hundreds of university and college degrees with each of them offering various job opportunities to its students for future purposes. Most often, attending a college is considered a better path to obtaining a lucrative career in the future. Although, there are other good jobs and careers which does not require a university or college degree a majority of the best jobs for the future require you to have at the minimum a bachelor’s degree to be able to have a better and bright future.
There are some college degrees which are made higher than the rest, what I literally mean is that they offer better jobs and paychecks than some of the other college degrees. Most of these degrees encompass a lot of other jobs wrap up in one degree and it is left for the student to make a choice of what he or she really wants to make use of.
College Degrees Most Likely to Make You a Millionaire
Although there is no 100% guarantee of a college degree making you rich without putting in any effort, you would still have to work to attain greater heights in your chosen profession. This article is just to help you shape your dream and make it into reality. It would also help you to get to study a good course of your choice in college or university if you are still debating on what to study.
- Engineering: Engineering topped the list for both undergraduate and graduate degrees as it is a very good course with various branches like electrical, mechanical, aeronautic, chemical engineering and so on. Engineering degrees are well appreciated and with a degree that can lead one to higher and better work opportunities. Career options; civil engineering, mechanical engineering, Cartographer, environmental engineering, Biomedical Engineering, chemical engineering etc. The engineering degree makes use of hard mathematical and scientific evidence to create our devices and tools which are used to keep us safe and secured. If this job is done right, most engineers are paid really well. This job will sure get you on your way to become a rich and probably a millionaire.
- Medicine: in our world today, the human race can’t go on with falling sick at one point in their lifetime or in need of medical assistance and with the outbreak of diseases and pandemics, the medical professionals are always in want. Both in human medicine and animal medicine in the term of veterinary medicine, their services are always needed. Earning a degree in medicine is also a sure way to a great future as the profession doesn’t go into extinction. Career options include; Optometrists, Psychologists, Podiatrists, nurses, paediatrician, dentist, gynaecologist and so on.
- Politics: This is a university course which is available both at the graduate and postgraduate level. With a politics degree, you can venture into politics by being a politician or by owning various private and public investments. Politics also has good career options which are a good source of earning a good paycheck. Career options include; adviser to the governor, ministers, senators and so on.
- Finance: Finance is another good course which can be obtained in both bachelor and postgraduate studies. With a finance degree, you can work in different financial institutions, as an adviser in private investments and other top banks. Career options include; Accountant, financial analyst and Actuary. With the knowledge on the economy, finance and the overall finances, a person with a finance degree has all the tools to become a master of their own fate and make their millions.
- Computer Sciences: Computer sciences or studies as it may be known is a great course which is fast becoming a big trend. Innovators and experts such as Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook are gradually taking the world to another level of technology. Computer scientists are very much appreciated as our world is technology-driven. Career options include; Software Developer, computer programmer, Web Developer, Computer Hardware Engineer and so on. People are willing to pay a lot of money to have a good website, as that would be the face of their company. This degree can make someone millions if they utilize their skills to their advantage and know their worth for the work that they do.
- Law: there are various branches of the law degree and as such various experts. Law is also a good course which can be obtained at both graduate and postgraduate levels. With a law degree, one can work in various organizations of both public and private ownership. Every organization and establishments are always in need of legal counsels to represent them in signing deals and other official transactions.
- Agriculture: it is the science or practice of farming by cultivating the soil for the growing of crops and also the rearing of animals. As people will always need food, the business of producing something that people will always need is a sure way to gain income and make it big. There are various occupations in agriculture some of which are; fish farming, soil scientist, farm manager, agricultural consultant and so on.
- Architecture: having a degree in architecture will teach you how to design, develop, and plan out buildings and redevelop existing buildings. It also teaches landscaping. When it comes to human living and housing, architecture will always be an important part of our lives, as we all need to live somewhere. There are different careers in architecture such as; Interior Design, Landscape Architect, Urban Planning and so on. Architects make a lot of money because the world is expanding. We are building and moving forward in the world faster and more technologically.
- Biology: this is the study of life and individual organisms in relation to their communities. Biology is a very broad course and there are a lot of career options. They can work in pharmaceutical companies, research labs and in hospitals. Biology is a good major for someone who wants to make a lot of money because it can branch out into a lot of different things. The diversity of options and opportunities for this degree afford someone their pick of any number of good careers.
- Communications: a degree in communication teaches you how to discover the needs of readers, viewers as well as listeners. They are creative in discovering unique strategies to convey their messages. With a communication degree, you find the best visuals, auditory materials, and videos to find the best way to communicate your ideas. There are some job options in obtaining this degree such as; Public Relations Specialists, Event or Media Planner, Social Media Manager, Human Resources Professional, sales representatives, reporters and so on. Communication is one of the top degrees to make you a millionaire because it is important to how our society is being communicated with.
Other College Degrees With Lucrative Careers
- Business Administration: obtaining a degree in business administration can help you develop your entrepreneurial skills. Career opportunities include; accountants, sales supervisors, financial managers and management positions in a variety of fields. With such workplace agility, the degree opens up for full-time employment. It is important if one wants to earn a degree in this field, you will have to be comfortable with numbers. Possible courses include accounting, statistics and economics, along with slightly less numerically focused classes such as business ethics, marketing and business policy or strategy.
- Software Engineering: Computers are everywhere, and people who know how to make, modify and master the machines are always in high demand. Software engineering majors take a lot of technology-focused classes such as computer science and programming. Communications classes can help, too, since many employers prefer high-tech workers with business skills and communication capabilities on top of standard tech-savvy.
- Actuarial Science: These are professionals who work in the insurance and finance companies. They help in analyzing the costs of risk which makes them always on the high demand. For one to be really skilled in this field, you will need a lot of calculus or statistics.
- Architectural Engineering: getting a degree in this field can help you build a solid path toward a lucrative career. It teaches about eco-friendly designs that can help give your career a boost as demand for energy-efficient buildings and structures increases.
- Physics: Physicists have a promising job growth rate with a good salary too. Earning a degree in physics can also prepare you well for other job careers which include; technology and engineering, as well as teaching high school students.
- Food Science: a food scientist is one who studies and analyzes food to help ensure that it is safe, healthy and nutrient-rich. They also help to increase public awareness of the food industry. Other career options embedded in food science include biological scientist, chemist and nutritionist.
- Chemistry: the chemistry degree allows you to study the basic composition of matter and how properties can change when they interact. With a bachelor degree in this field, you can become a professional chemist.
- Nursing: The need for nurses keeps on rising everyday as most health care professionals are needed for our day to day lives and in time of pandemics. These nurses are trained to help people live longer and healthier lives.
- Biochemistry: This is a very good degree to study at the university both at the graduate and postgraduate levels. The course major deals with the understanding of human cells and how they function in relation to their biochemical environment. Career options include; laboratory technician, course lectures and also as health workers. Earning a degree in biochemistry is a great start for one’s future and you can have a bright future for yourself.
- Statistics: This course deals with mathematical numbers and you can earn the degree at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. For one to be able to acquire this degree and do well in it, you will need to have a very strong skill in calculations and maths skills. Career options include statistics professional, financial analyst, accountant and so on.
- Psychology: With a psychology degree, you will have an understanding of human behaviour, emotions, and thoughts. Psychology includes the skills of speaking, writing and presentation. This degree allows you to read people better and interact with them in different ways. Career options include; Guidance Counselor, social worker, salesperson, Market Research Analyst, Public Relations Specialist, Psychiatric Aide, court juror and so on.
- Economics: an economics degree gives you the skills to gather, organize, and interpret data, using mathematical formulas to make calculations. Economists are able to analyze problems and proffer solutions. This degree also requires solid communication skills. Career options include; Market Research Analyst, economic consultant, Actuary, financial analyst, business reporter etc.
- Art: art as we know it, is a very versatile course. It has so many branches and career options which some includes: fine art, visual art, film director, actors, artist and so on. Earning a degree in arts can help one’s career and eventually make one a millionaire.
- Pharmacy: this course major involves the manufacturing and dispensing of drugs. Pharmacists are important health workers because they are in charge of drugs and they know the right drugs for the right disease. The degree can be obtained at the undergraduate level with other few years of experiences such as the residency before one can be a certified pharmacist. Obtaining a degree in pharmacy is likely to make one rich sooner or later.
- Geology: geology is basically the study of rocks. Geology is a good degree that can be earned at the undergraduate level. It takes about four to five years of study at the university for you to obtain the degree. Geologists earn a very good fortune as they are involved in many governmental types of research on rocks. They are mostly in charge of sourcing for the natural minerals obtainable in a country.
Colleges That Can Make You Rich
Graduating from college or the university is by no means a prerequisite for becoming a millionaire or getting rich quickly, but there are certain universities that have produced a striking number of today’s high ranked professionals and experts who make money and a good paycheck on a daily basis. Below are listed lists of colleges and universities that can make you have a strong and better future.
- Harvard University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Columbia University
- University of Cape Town
- University of Pennsylvania
- Stanford University
- University of the Witwatersrand
- Stellenbosch University
- Carnegie Mellon college
- Santa Clara University
- Dartmouth College
- Princeton University
- State University of New York (SUNY) Maritime College
Top Universities in Africa
If you decide to study in Africa, you will find plenty of opportunities to explore during your study year in the university. There are different cultures, languages, landscapes, sights and general adventures in this huge and diverse continent. Some of the universities listed here have ranked high on the world’s best universities which have trained great people in the society.
- Rhodes University: Rhodes University is located in Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa. The University is named after a British businessman known as Cecil Rhodes, who had helped the educational system in South Africa to develop fully. The university is highly residential and relatively small, with around 8,100 students currently enrolled. The institution of learning has a lot of courses which can be offered at both graduate and postgraduate levels.
- University of Pretoria: this institution is located in South Africa and it is one of the largest universities which is located in the country. It has accommodated over 50,000 students at seven different campuses across the country. It was established in 1908 and it is a multi-campus research university that accommodates students wishing to pursue various courses.
- University of Kwazulu-Natal: this institution of learning is based in South Africa, the University of Kwazulu-Natal is a very young university which was formed only as recently as 2004 by a merger of previous institutions. Today it has five campuses around the KwaZulu-Natal province in the south-east of the country.
- Assiut University: the Assiut University is located in Egypt and it was established in 1957 as the first university in Egypt. It is located in an urban campus in the large city of Asyut. It offers various courses both in English and Arabic.
- Alexandria University: It was originally founded in 1938 as a branch campus of the Cairo University, but it became a separate institution in 1942, before gaining its current name.
- Ain Shams University: the Ain Shams University is located in Cairo Egypt, the University is a very large institution of learning, hosting approximately up to 180,000 students in 15 faculties.
- Cairo University: the Cairo University is established in Egypt with its main campus in Giza southwest across the Nile from Cairo. It was founded in 1908 and was funded by a group of private citizens with the royal birth. It is the best university in Egypt and one of the most prestigious universities in Africa.
- University of Johannesburg: the University of Johannesburg is one of the youngest universities in South Africa having been formed from the merger of old institutions in 2005.
- Stellenbosch University: the university was founded in 1918, and it is located in the town of Stellenbosch, 50 kilometres east of Cape Town. It was the first university in the African Continent to sign the Berlin Declaration to get access to the fields of science and humanities. The university has produced several prominent people over the years.
- University of the Witwatersrand: the University is located in Johannesburg, South Africa and it was established in 1896. It presently has five campuses in urban and suburban Johannesburg, the country’s largest city. The university has around 38,350 students, of which about 3,750 are international students. The University of Witwatersrand is one of the top universities in Africa.
- University of Lagos: this institution is established in Lagos which is in the western part of Nigeria. It was founded in the year 1962 and it is a research university run by the federal government. One of the primary aims of the institution is to produce a professional and educated domestic workforce who will work towards the economic development of Nigeria.
- Cheikh Anta Diop University: this institution of learning is located in Senegal and it is also known as the University of Dakar. This university was established in the year 1957. Over the years, the school has developed significantly as regards enrollment growth.
- University of Mostaganem: this institution is located in Algeria and it was founded in 1978, this university was formally an institution for agricultural technology. The institution now operates through eight faculties including the Faculty of Social Sciences and Natural Science. The Institute of Sports and Physical Education is the only institution within the University.
- University of Swaziland: located in Swaziland, it is the national university of the country. It was established in the year 1982 through a parliament act. The university is divided into seven faculties which are located over and across three campuses.
- Covenant University: this great institution of learning is located in the southwestern part of Nigeria. It was established in 2002. Covenant University is a Private Christian higher education institution and it is a member of the Commonwealth Universities and was recently ranked as the best university in Nigeria.