Can you work as a Community Support Worker in Canada? If yes, see below for full details and apply.
CBI Health Group is hiring multiple Community Support Workers to service our clients in the Saskatoon, SK areas. The Community Support Worker is responsible for the safety, care and supervision of children up to the ages of 12, while in our children’s home. Our clients can range from a wide variety of ethnic cultures who will be cared for in a residential care setting.
We are currently seeking staff that with availability to work a combination of hours (days, evenings and overnights).
Schedule & Hours
We are currently seeking staff that can work a combination of shifts that includes days, evenings, weekends and overnights.
In this exciting role as a Community Support Worker, you will :
- Support children with a philosophy of building strengths and supporting challenges that meets diverse needs.
- Provide daily routines and care which age appropriate is and which allows choices about their activities, fostering independence.
- Observe and monitor children’s play activities.
- Organize and participate in recreational activities such as games and reading.
- Documentation on daily activities, daily habits, sleeping, eating, toileting, social skills and emotional well-being.
- Assist in preparing food for children, serving, and feeding meals and refreshments to children.
- Perform housekeeping duties such as cleaning and dish washing after meal preparation as required.
- Support children’s emotional and social development.
- Knowledge of safety and emergency procedures.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
What we are looking for:
- Strong understanding of child development for up to the ages of 12.
- At least 2 years of experience in working with children up to the ages of 12 – preference will be given to applicants who have training in Early Childhood Development.
- Experience working with individuals with Autism would be an asset.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check including the Vulnerable Sector Search that is valid within 6 months.
- Non-violent crisis intervention training.
- Food safety certification.
- Valid First Aid and CPR.
- Valid Driver’s License and proof of Insurance is an asset.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Employee Recognition /referral program.
- Training and development opportunities.
- A team-supported fun environment.
- Paid Orientations.
- Scheduling Flexibility.
About CBI Health Group:
As Canada’s largest integrated community-based healthcare services network, CBI is focused on improving health and enriching lives. CBI delivers interdisciplinary physical and behavioural health services across home, clinic and facility settings.
Our network of dedicated staff and thought leaders are committed to innovating healthcare to deliver proven outcomes. CBI is uniquely positioned to support the evolving health needs of Canadians through its 13,000 clinical and administrative staff in 250 facilities and over 100 transitional/residential homes across 800 communities. www.cbi.ca
CBI Health Group is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources team during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.