The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
The ECOWAS Commission invites eligible Consultants (Firm) to indicate their interests in providing the service below:
Job Title: Consultant (Firm) for Additional Resource Mobilization and International Event Promotion for ECOFEST 2021
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Client: ECOWAS Commission
Type: Request for Expression of Interest (REOI)
- The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) represented by the ECOWAS Commission intends to select a consultant (firm) for Additional Resource Mobilization and International Event Promotion for ECOFEST 2021.
The main objective of the mission is to:
- Promote the event on a global scale.
- Mobilise the necessary additional resources for the organisation of ECOFEST 2021;
Functions and Responsibilities of the Consultant firm
The Agency is responsible to:
- Mobilize additional resources for the organization of ECOFEST (The Agency is expected to mobilize at least US $ 2 million as additional resources to the organization of ECOFEST)
- Ensure the international communication of the event. (The agency identifies and promotes ECOFEST 2021 internationally so that the event is visible and publicized)
- Communicate to ECOWAS and UEMOA all the results of its resource mobilization efforts, in a spirit of transparency.
- The total duration of the mission is twelve (12) calendar months.
The pre-selection criteria are as follows:
- Be a registered firm and shall justify of at least ten (10) working years of experience in the field of managing and mobilizing sponsors, communication, mobilization of financial resources and in supporting cultural events at the national or international level,
- Shall justify satisfactory execution in the last ten (10) years at least two (2) similar assignments in managing and mobilizing sponsors, mobilization of financial resources at national or international level for International Organization/Donors funded Projects or Governments,
- Shall justify satisfactory execution in the last ten (10) years at least two (2) similar assignments in communicating or in promoting cultural events at national or international level for International Organization/Donors funded Projects or Governments,
- Shall justify satisfactory execution in the last ten (10) years of one (1) similar assignment in managing and mobilizing sponsors, mobilization of financial resources, in communicating or in promoting cultural events in West Africa,
- Shall justify the availability of necessary key personnel (Mission coordinator; Specialist in mobilizing financial resources and Specialist in international communication) for the successful execution of the assignment in all aspect. (list, qualifications, and experience).
Note: In addressing the above-listed criteria, consulting firms must provide tangible evidence and detailed references for all claims made in terms of experience and capabilities, similar assignments, etc. Each reference provided should be summarized on a project sheet, and will be Considered and Accepted Only if the candidate attaches Supporting Documents (Contract AND/OR Attestation(s) of Good Performance of each contract presented, as issued and signed by the Client).
Application Closing Date
24th August, 2020 at 11.00 am (GMT+1), Nigerian Time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified consultant firms should send their Expressions of interest (1 original and 3 copies) in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Selection of an Agency for Additional Resource Mobilization and International Event Promotion for ECOFEST 2020”, Do not open except in the presence of the Tender Committee” to the address below:
The Directorate of General Administration, Procurement Division,
1st Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
P. M. B. 401,
Electronic submissions are also accepted and shall be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Information / Notice
- Interested, eligible and qualified consulting firms must provide full information on their qualifications and experience, demonstrating that they are qualified and experienced in providing similar services.
- Interested Consulting firms may apply as a consortium or partnership to ensure and/or boost their consolidated capacities to execute the assignment.
- The eligibility criteria, the preparation of shortlist, and the selection procedure shall comply with the ECOWAS Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants” (ECOWAS Procurement Code), available on its website: http://www.ecowas.int .The procedure will be based on Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS). A shortlist of six (6) to eight (8) firms maximum, which present the best profiles, shall be drawn up for further consideration after the expression of interest. Also, firms that are part of an international network are to submit only one expression of interest as a network.
- Interested consultant firms may obtain further information at the address above during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Nigeria Time or by E-mail to the following addresses: email@example.com With copy to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- The attention of interested Consulting firms is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the aforementioned Code.
- This EOI is also published on the ECOWAS website http://www.ecowas.int/doing-business-in-ecowas/ecowasprocurement