Provide maintenance for oxygen concentrators in rural and peri-urban Sub-Saharan African health clinics and hospitals
Half the world lacks access to medical oxygen – a basic and critical treatment for numerous ailments. Oxygen concentrators are machines that produce medical oxygen in low-resource settings and are being distributed at a large scale – yet without maintenance, many will soon be at risk of breaking down. Can you develop a team of technicians to service existing oxygen concentrators? D-Prize will award up to $20,000 to help teams launch an initial three-month pilot of this idea.
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background.
- D-Prize will consider funding existing organizations only if: you are piloting a new distribution-focused initiative, and you need high risk capital.
Submit your concept note and resume(s). We generally receive 1000 submissions a competition.
Top 5% of entrepreneurs are invited to submit a full 10 page proposal. You will have four weeks to draft and submit.
Top entrepreneurs interview via phone and email. The top 1-2% will receive up to $20,000 to launch.
You will spend the next three months using your talent to start a venture that can grow and help millions of people.
Select a challenge above and be prepared for the following deadlines:
- The Global Competition launches on September 8th, 2020.
- Early Submission Deadline: October 18th, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Regular Submission Deadline: November 8th, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Extension Deadline (limited to 200 people who register): November 29th, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)
For More Information: