Survey54 gives organisations the ability to survey millions within Africa and emerging markets around the world. All done remotely and through the power of mobile. As an automated data platform we bring you closer to your consumers using mobile-led data collection methods and smart insights. We are on a mission to make consumer data in Africa and the emerging markets more accessible to everyone.
Job Title: Data Scientist
- Survey54 are looking for a Data Scientist to manage clients, build questions and help clients understand African markets and best ways to research
- You will be working with working on leading the commercial team as you will be the first person within this role in the team. You will need to have an entrepreneurial spirit and have initiative.
- The role is part-time and will be very entrepreneurial.
Role & Responsibilities
- Data Modelling
- Predictive modelling
- Creating machine learning-based tools
- Statistical analysis
- Data Mining
- Building representative samples for African countries
- Contributing tot new product development.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong experience working with Python OR R
- MS SQL
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong analytic skills.
- Quantitative research experience
- Dedicated and will take ownership of delivering as promised to the best of their ability
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work methodologically
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- A positive thinker with a can-do, solutions-focused attitude
- Able to work to deadlines and have a flexible approach to time management
- A good team player
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Highly numerate and comfortable working with numbers
- Looking for an opportunity to learn/develop and then hone skills on an ongoing program.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online