If you are a good driver and you can work with catering and events company in New York city in United state, then see below for full details.
Great Performances, NYC’s premier catering and events company, is a dynamic and influential leader in the food and events industry and is known for its dedication to social responsibility and sustainability. We are the exclusive caterer to many high-profile NYC institutions including, The Plaza Hotel, Jazz at Lincoln Center, Apollo Theater, Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn Academy of Music, and
Wave Hill. We operate more than 10 restaurants, cafes and food trucks; produce thousands of events in more than 100 venues across NYC; and support numerous festivals and special events including the New York City Wine and Food Festival and the Miami Open Tennis tournament. Great Performances is the first catering company to own and operate its own organic farm—Katchkie Farm, in Kinderhook, NY.
We were founded on a collaborative commitment to service, innovation, and quality. If you share these values, and are passionate about food, service and a synergistic working environment, you are invited to apply for an exceptional opportunity as a Driver in our Warehouse department. We are looking for a dependable, enthusiastic, hardworking individual with a great attitude. Responsibilities include driving company’s straight box trucks or vans, assisting in the packing of supplies and equipment for delivery to event sites and venues, reviewing paperwork to correspond with all items associated with delivery, loading and unloading of vehicles and maintenance of company vehicles.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to lift objects up to 50 lbs. and take direction accordingly
- Pack-out party(s) in the warehouse for future deliveries
- Create short list which consists of items missing from a party’s pack-out (if necessary)
- Assist in loading company vehicle with pack-out and all other items for delivery
- Assist in breaking down product returning from venues / parties: separate proofers from dirty
equipment, perishable food and returned beverages
- Ensure that packed load is secure and ready for transport
- Maintain the cleanliness of company vehicles, warehouse and loading dock spaces. Clean racks, throw away trash, sweep, and remove empty boxes, etc.
- Inform Supervisor or Manager of any discrepancies found on event paperwork
- Be a team player with a positive attitude
- Must be flexible to work days, evenings, weekends and holiday
- Seek and welcome feedback. Take action to enhance performance based on experiences and coaching. Admits and learns from mistakes
- Conform with and abide by all Company and department policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure overall operational success
Ideal Candidate Has:
- A valid driver’s license. CDL preferred, but not required
- Minimum 2 years prior NYC driving experience
- High performance expectations and willingly owns results. Demonstrates a commitment to goals, a can do attitude and approach to problems, and persistence in the face of adversity
- A courteous, respectful and helpful demeanor towards clients, event guests, representatives of event venues/building staff and Great Performances co-workers
- Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs
- Driver Medical Certification a plus
- Familiarity with NYC roadways
You must be able to provide documentation that you are legally eligible to work in the United States.
Great Performances is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Link expired…