If you are a driver and you are looking for an opportunity and you have an excellent driving skills… There are multiple available jobs in united kingdom.
- Embrace a career in the public service with the Ministry of Transportation’s entry-level Transportation Technician initiative.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- You will:
- Receive practical, multi-functional learning experiences through rotational assignments as ministry determines in many technical disciplines including construction, highway design, maintenance, traffic, surveys;
- Work independently and as a team member;
- Benefit from on-the-job and classroom training;
- Work with state-of-the-art technology;
- Enjoy career development opportunities with offices across the province and competitive salaries and benefits.
- For additional information, please visit our web page for the
Transportation Technician Initiative
- Depending on work assignment, work hours may occur outside of normal business hours, during nights and on weekends.
- Travel within the region and temporary relocation may be required. For additional information on regional boundaries.
How do I qualify?
- The position requires the successful candidate to have a valid G licence or equivalent. The offer of employment is conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof that s/he has a valid driver’s licence upon being hired.
Knowledge & Technical Skills:
- You have demonstrated knowledge of highway engineering design, maintenance and contract administration (normally acquired through a diploma in civil engineering technology or related experience)
- You have math skills to complete calculations in engineering survey, design and estimating quantities
- You have computer skills, including AutoCAD to prepare computerized designs, plans, statistics and word processing/spreadsheet software to produce variety of correspondence, reports and presentations
- You have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills to assess data, clarify data integrity, identify design/construction problems, analyze traffic capacity and collision statistics and recommend solutions/modifications as required
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills to explain ministry standards/design requirements to other technical areas and contract administrators, to discuss maintenance problems and emergency road situations
- You have interpersonal skills to work with other project members in a team environment
- 4 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 659 Exeter Rd, London, West Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad – definitions
Maintenance and Trades
Thursday, August 29, 2019
Job Link expired…