Are you interested in job in Canada? Can you work as a General Manager? If yes, see below for full details and apply for the position.
We are looking for an experienced General Manager to lead our team at the Dancing Bear Inn, Nelson, BC. Nestled in the heart of Nelson’s historic city centre, The Dancing Bear Inn provides hostel accommodation to travellers in search of backcountry adventures & authentic mountain culture.
This permanent position is 35 hours per week and reports to the Owners. As the General Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of hostel operations in accordance with Hosteling International Canada policies and standards.
We’re looking for someone who can remain composed while working in a fast-paced environment, and successfully lead a team. You will be an expert communicator and go above and beyond to ensure guest satisfaction.
Job Responsibilities, (can include but not limited to)
- Supervision, hiring, training of staff
- Maintaining and creating a positive environment for guests and team
- Managing online sales channels, revenue management and front desk operations
- Develop a social media marketing plan
- Work with owners on strategic planning, budgeting and managing expenses
- Network & build relationships with local businesses/tourism groups to generate new business and maximize occupancy
- Develop, improve and maintain hostel policies and procedures
- Develop and implement a COVID-19 Safety Plan in compliance with Worksafe BC
- Regularly interact with guests to identify needs, develop solutions, and ensure that their experience meets or exceeds expectations
- Perform front-desk operations such as check-ins and guest assistance
- Cover cleaning duties from time to time
- Schedule and lead regular team meetings
- There will also be an on-call component of the job for the evenings after your shift has ended. Compensation is provided when called or if you have to come in
Compensation, Vacation & Benefits
- Starting salary is $20 per hour
- 3 month trial period
- Vacation paid as per BC labour laws. Vacation time not to be taken during peak times and must be approved in advance by Owners
- Company to either provide cell phone with plan or cover the cost of cell phone plan (at option of company) as it is required for the position
- Free overnight stays at Canadian HI Hostels
- Health and Dental plan coverage
- Must speak and write fluent English. Extra languages are a bonus
- Must have a work visa for Canada
- Must be willing to submit to a Criminal Background Check
- Valid Driver’s licence
- Hostel management experience
- Social media marketing
- Maintenance experience an asset