Kwad Nigeria Limited – We are a multi service company and have over the years seek to satisfy our clients in the different aspects of our services. Security, Facility Management, Outsource and Fumigation services.
Job Title: Head of Production
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Creative Director
- The Head of Production is responsible for ensuring that all outfits are produced efficiently and that the correct number of outfits are produced at the right cost and level of quality.
- Head of Production may also be involved in product design and purchasing and would supervise the internal and external production process. He/She is responsible for ensuring that the outfits are produced efficiently according to customers’ expectations and that the right amount of materials are used. He/She would supervise the bespoke team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scrutinize the sketch/designs
- Study the Tech pack. Print out the mood board/inspiration board if any.
- Create a procurement list for each design
- Create a time table for the line productions
- Test fabrics after purchase to ensure fabric color is not running, prone to shrinking or unable to iron
- Supervise the pattern cutter and drafters
- Supervise the cutting of the fabric to avoid wastage and also check that fabric patterns and lines are followed.
- Supervise the sample making
- Send in sample for fitting, approval, correction, reproduction and alterations, supervise the alterations and re-fit where necessary
- Supervise the line production
- Ensure quality control is carried out on each piece and the overall production batch and oversee finishing
- Recommend tailor time table, manage tailors task sheet, provide feedback and calculate tailors’ tasks daily
- Record the time used in manufacturing in each production batch from start to finish by each tailor
- Ensure proper labelling and control sizing to match the TUBO sizing standard
- Re- measure each outfit to ensure they are true to size
- Supervise production both in the inhouse factory and at external TUBO factories
- Ensure that all garments produced have the tailor’s names attached
- Ensure that tailors finish the garments before recording it in the time sheet
- Ensure that all batches of production from external factories have the manufacturing company labelled on them in case there is a need to alter, correct or send back at any time
- Maintain a good relationship with the external factories.
- Liaise with external producers
- Establish lead time for each batch of production
- Approve samples
- Conduct quality check of delivered products including designs, sizing, accessories, etc. with the quality control officer
- Check with design team for approval
- Return fabrics back to factory for corrections and alterations
- Ensure that the right labels, sizes and tags are used on each outfit
- Ensure the appropriate price tags to barcode for each garment are generated
- Ensure stock count and upload on the inventory software
- Liaise with customer service to go through customers who have paid 80% deposit and create production market lists and time table for design that has been paid for
- Approve procurement/market shopping list for funding and procurement
- Assign designs to tailors in a task sheet with the prices of each outfit placed on each design
- Supervise each task sheet daily and ensure all process for production are agreed based on tailors’ price list
- Document all challenges and comments for each outfit produced by each tailor in the task sheet
- Send report of daily production
- Confirm that measurements taken in the store/received online meet the criteria stated in the measurement description table. Request for new measurements where the measurement taken do not meet the criteria
- Collate tailoring needs of each tailor, their challenges, and materials
- Record daily stock used in the factory
- Ensure there is a recorded market list based on orders, tailors need, and general supplies
- Send a detailed weekly report stating weekly production expenses, progress, challenges, etc.
- Send monthly report stating monthly production, progress, challenges of the production team in general, and a report of each tailor on or before the 26th of each month as well as a pre-calculated tailor sheet to determine tailors’ monthly commission/salary
- Send a monthly report of each tailor’s performance, recommended bonus, and areas to improve
- Send a detailed report of the beaders, finishers, embellishers, and production staff in every six months
- Ensure the irons are changed two times yearly
- Ensure table clothes are changed bi-monthly
- Ensure that on night shifts, there must be a minimum of two tailors and one production officer on duty
- Confirm that client’s measurement matches the dress produced
- Confirm that client’s design/sketch matches production output
- Use the sample garment to crosscheck that all other pieces produced to meet the exact characteristics of the original prototype, bearing in mind all the changes made after fitting and reproduction
- 3-5 years’ experience in a managerial position
- Experience in the fashion industry is a plus
Key Competencies and Requirements
- High level of professionalism
- Research skills
- Organizational and coordination skills
- Result-oriented team player with exceptional motivation and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Must be able to prepare management reports and correspondence
- Good initiative, time and stress management skills
- Highly creative
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent artistic ability.
- Strong visualization skills.
- Leading and supervising skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong adherence to principles and values
Abilities and Attributes:
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Keen eye for detail
- Sociable and friendly
- Confident and pleasant
- Knowledgeable of current trends as it relates to the industry
- Loves a challenge
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.