IDC has a bursary programme that assists selected learners who are academically talented but lack financial resources to pursue higher education. The programme is a full cost bursary which funds: Engineering, Commerce, Science, Agriculture, Environmental Studies and Information Technology.
It covers the following study related costs:
- University fees
- Books and a Laptop
- Tuition and Campus accommodation will be paid directly to the university;
- Prescribed Text books fees will be paid directly to a service provider on submission of quotations and all relevant documents;
- Accommodation at university approved residence will be paid directly to the Landlord on the basis of an approved lease agreement between the student and the landlord.
- The payments timelines will be agreed upon between the parties but ideally in line with the University’s semester system;
- Meal allowance for students living in self-catering residence either on campus or at university approved residence will be paid on a quarterly basis;
The Industrial Development Corporation of SA Ltd (IDC) is engaged in various initiatives in human resource development, capacity building and human capital development to address acute skills deficits in the country, as well as, using it as a mechanism for the recruitment and development of professional employees. The provision of bursaries or study assistance for qualifying students is one of these initiatives
To be eligible for the scheme
Student must be 16 years and older but not older than 25 years to apply.
Student must have achieved the total average of 75% and above and must be SA Citizen.
Student must have achieved the total average of 65% and above and must be SA Citizen.
The main criteria used in the selection of successful applicants to the IDC Bursary Scheme are
- Preference is given to applicants from rural areas. Other selection criteria are:
- Academic excellence: Selection will be done on the basis of June Grade 12 results compared to Grade 11 results and, if available, Grade 12 pre-lim results
The IDC Bursary programme targets high performing Grade 12 students who obtain a minimum of a B aggregate symbol in Mathematics and Science Applicants already at university must have an average of a C Aggregate Minimum. University or University of Technology students who have already successfully completed one or more years will be considered on their Grade 12 and most recent academic results.
For More Information:
Application Deadline: August 31st 2020