Can you work as a Life guard in US, UK or Canada? If yes, see below for full details and apply below.
WHO IS LIFE GUARD?
A lifeguard is a rescuer who supervises the safety and rescue of swimmers, surfers, and other water sports participants such as in a swimming pool, water park, spa, beach or river. Lifeguards are strong swimmers and trained in CPR/AED first aid, certified in water rescue using a variety of aids and equipment depending on requirements of their particular venue. In some areas, lifeguards are part of the emergency services system to incidents and in some communities,lifeguards may function as the primary EMS provider.
LOCATION IN CANADA
SALARY IN CANADA
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of various water attractions, while providing professional life guarding.
This positions pays $16.00/hour.
- Must have or be in the process of obtaining a current Bronze Cross or NL certificate
- Must pass swimming test; 50 metres for Shallow Water guard and 200 metres for Deep Water guard
- Current Healthcare Provider (C) certificate (Heart and Stroke) or Level C CPR with AED training (Lifesaving Society or St. John’s Ambulance). Must provide certification at pool training
- Must be able to exit from a pool/attraction at any point without the use of ladders, steps or a zero depth exit
- Must pass an Ellis Lifeguard training course (on-site training)
- Must attend bi-weekly in-service training
- Candidate should be energetic, confident and professional
- Able to work for extended periods of time outdoors
- Available to work flexible hours, including evenings, on weekends and holidays
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of various water attractions, while providing professional lifeguarding
- Opening and closing procedures
- Enforce proper riding positions and safety procedures in a hospitable manner
- Scanning and dispatching guests in a cordial manner
- Ensuring area cleanliness
- Providing excellent guest service and assistance as required
- Assist with other duties as required
LIFE GUARD JOB IN UNITED STATES
The purpose of this position is to ensure the safety of pool patrons in and around the aquatic facilities.
The City of Farmers Branch will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first come, first serve basis. As soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice after a three business day minimum posting.
- Supervise and ensure the safety of pool patron through effective scanning.
- Maintain cleanliness of the pool facility and complete light janitorial work.
- Assist with “Learn to Swim” lessons when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Must have at least some high school experience and be at least 16 years of age. Must be able to understand basic operational, technical, or office processes.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATES
Basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, writing, and math, including, but not limited to, the ability to compose complete sentences, understand common complex words and phrases, and perform basic math functions such as fractions, percentages, measurements, and ratios.
LIFE GUARD JOB IN UNITED KINGDOM
Our lifeguards are on hand to ensure our members are having a great time using our facilities whilst overseeing their poolside safety at all times. This is a role that requires superb attention to detail, excellent people skills and a current NPLQ qualification. Working within a fun and vibrant environment our lifeguards make sure they bring 100% of themselves to work every day and contribute to the overall experience our members expect from a David Lloyd Leisure club.
You will be working in a fun and vibrant environment so we are looking for bags of enthusiasm and someone who works well as part of a team.
So, what is it like to work for a ‘Sunday Times Best Big Company?’ ….In one word – ‘FUN’!
We are thrilled to be ranked in the Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies To Work For 2018! This accolade serves to reinforce our commitment to our team members and proves how great it is to work for David Lloyd Leisure. So, what can you expect if you join us?
You will have access to a wide range of benefits including FREE Club memberships, this benefit means you can enjoy all that our Clubs in the UK and Europe!
On a day to day basis you will find yourself working in a state-of-the-art environment surrounded by friendly and passionate colleagues. But most of all, working for us is about having fun. We aim to provide a happy, inviting and safe culture where our ‘We Play’ value is brought to life each and every day. So if you want to come and join the premium name in the leisure and fitness industry please click on the link and apply, a career with us could be just what you are looking for.