Josmol Consult is a full-fledged provider of mobile health care services as well as related products such as online prescriptions, dietary & supplementary subscriptions, emergency care, laboratory services, Remote Patient Monitoring, etc.
Job Title: Medical Assistant
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Helping patients by providing information, services, and assistance.
- Medical Assistant must maintain medical supplies inventory and performing preventive maintenance to keep medical equipment operating.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, and confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; and reporting patient history summary.
- Saves doctors’ time by helping with office procedures.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; and keeping patient information confidential.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician’s orders and questions about surgery.
- Schedules surgeries by making arrangements with the surgical centre; verifying times with patients; and preparing charts and pre-admission and consent forms.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards; facility policies and procedures; and federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Performing injections
- Sterilising instruments
- Performing x-rays
- Performing electrocardiograms
- Administering medications.
Skills and Experience:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1+ years in a medical office
- Experience with EMR (electronic medical records), medical terminology
- Previous experience in a specific medical field preferred.
- Medical Assistant: 2 years.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.