Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Job Title: NPO Project Manager
Job ID: 2000000A3W
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: CO E&A Customer Operations EMEA & APAC
Category: Customer Services
About Customer Operations
- Our Customer Operations (CO) organization is the primary interface with communication service providers.
- The CO organization has a comprehensive global presence and is active in approximately 120 countries. Its organizational structure ensures that our customers benefit from dedicated management attention and from our teams’ deep understanding of local markets.
- This approach enables Nokia to maintain strong customer relationships. Customer Operations is also responsible for project delivery, ensuring strong alignment between our customer-facing sales and delivery teams in each account.
- Plan, support and execute network design for customers for current and emerging technologies.
- Perform solution monitoring, Network data collection, generation of daily / weekly report, and a first level of analysis with problems identification in a domain of the customer Solution.
- Perform optimization in terms of capacity, architecture, performance, analyses metrics on current capacity and usage.
- Recommend parameters tuning & design evolutions.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- End to End Radio Optimization for 2G / 3G / LTE / Wimax; competence in H//; Ericsson; ZTE Tools, Competence in KPI Counters and Root Cause analysis and Problem solving- Plan and design network to meet customer’s requirements.
- Derive from the network architecture the operational network design taking into account planning aspects, operational constraints, optimization of existing network and quality expectation from end user point of view.
- Define the criteria to assess network performance from end-user / service perspective & monitor those criteria.
- Identify and anticipate network performance issues. Provide recommendations for improvement.
- Optimize the capacity of the network to meet traffic increase and customer requirements.
- Ensure that design & optimization guaranty the capability for the network to provide end-user new services.
- Capture and understand customer’s needs on items impacting design in order to provide recommendations.
- Ensure that the Customer’s deliverables & KPIs included in the contract are followed-up and met. Identify and report risks associated.
- Perform network design audit of submitted designs by 3rd party and submit for customer approval.
- Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of working in telecom background and preferred working in radio optimization environment.
- Minimum 6 years working as PM
- PMP certification is plus
- Break boundaries and barriers
- Mobilize team and grow potential
- Project winning mindset and customer focus
- Cost management and business acumen
- Design KPI’s accepted by the customer
- Optimization KPIs accepted by the Customer
- Activity performed on-time
- Broad Multi-Techno and product knowledge
- Experience telecom technical domains
- People management, problem solving, communication, presentation, negotiation and networking skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
- Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is commited to diversity and inclusion.
- At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.