Khadob College is a reputable school of high educational standard and Islamic morals dedicated to educating intellectually, spiritually, socially, physically and emotionally located in a serene environment in Akure, Ondo State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal
Location: Akure, Ondo
Job Type: Full Time
- Your primary responsibilities will be to supervise our education, staff and oversee day-to-day school operations effectively.
- To make quick decisions under pressure and have a comprehensive understanding of the national education system and its regulations.
- Excellent communication and organizational abilities are also important skills you should demonstrate as a principal At Khadob College.
- Supporting the aim of improving academic success of ALL Learners at Khadob College.
- If you meet these requirements and you’re passionate about a leadership role in education, we like to meet you.
- Oversee day-to-day school operations.
- Manage school logistics and budgets
- Set learning goals for students and teachers based on national curricula
- Monitor and report teachers performance and Present data of school performance to board members.
- Research new resources and techniques to improve teaching.
- Interview and hire school personnel.
- Review and implement school policies.
- Provide guidance and counselling to teachers.
- Handle emergencies and school crises
- Organize school events and assemblies
- Ensure a safe and clean environment for students (e.g. implementing hygiene rules)
- Attend conferences to gain knowledge on current educational trends
- Evaluate instructors and other staff members to ensure that the standardized curriculum is adhered to, and identify areas of improvement.
- Discipline students according to school policy and enforce campus rules, such as the dress code and attendance policy.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents and students to provide the best education for each student and assist them in their academic and professional goals.
- Participate in hiring, training and other employment activities for instructors and secondary staff members to create a dynamite team.
- Provide guidance and counselling services to students on their academic or vocational goals and offer assistance with behavioural modification programs.
- Lead professional development programs for staff and encourage instructors to attend regional conferences to maintain the best academic programs.
- Establish curriculum guidelines in collaboration with other administrators and instructors in the school district, and ensure that guidelines are adhered to.
- Oversee budgeting and grant proposals, and determine budget allocations for items such as supplies, materials, staff, and equipment.
- An enthusiastic, energetic, ambitious, and smart school leader with a resounding track record of success in the secondary school
- BSc, / BSc Ed/PGDE/ M. Ed in Administration, Psychology, Curriculum planning and monitoring
- At least five (5) years experience of leading, coaching and managing a dynamic workforce in the educational sector, two of which must be in a strategic leadership position
- An evidence of continually improving the culture and behavior of students.
- A record of past accomplishments and experience in collaborating with various stakeholders to accomplish school goal
- An experience developing positive relationships with colleagues, staff members, parents, and students.
- Outstanding knowledge and experience of senior leadership within a secondary school setting.
- A thorough understanding of the current and changing educational landscape.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum design, teaching and learning of student.
- Understanding the needs and motivations of young people.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique and co-ordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; personality and interests, learning and motivation, and individual differences in ability.
- Proficient in the use of ICT for management of data, use in teaching and learning, as well as the ability to work effectively with all Microsoft office suites, such as Word, Excel, power-point.
- Proven track record in the delivery of outstanding student experience.
- Proficient in the use of virtual communication tools, Microsoft and Google suite.
- A professional role model for all students and educators in attitude, demeanor, and appearance.
- Proven expertise in organisational time-management, interpersonal and good working relationship skills ensuring all targets are met.
- An approachable, personable individual with a good sense of humor.
- A flexible, adaptable, decisive individual with great attention to details.
- Ability to establish and develop excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders.
- Ability to develop children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstances.
- Experience of supporting and implementing change.
- Ability to create a safe, happy, and successful environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Organizational skills.
- Empathetic and sociable.
- Highly diplomatic.
- Skilled in identifying problems and brainstorming potential solutions.
- Excellent at written and oral communication as well as presentation.
- Passionate about connecting with teachers and students.
- Ability to reach at least one subject.
N80,000 – N120,000 monthly plus bonuses.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a one-page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Being a WAEC examiner is an added advantage. Applicants are required to include their phone numbers’ in the cover letter.