Affinity Consulting is an organization committed to providing cutting edge consultancy and advisory services in health, education, gender, human resource management, and social welfare with public, development/humanitarian and private sectors. Our technical solutions are delivered bearing in mind the contextual needs of our clients. Our teams have substantial expertise required for quality delivery on all our services.
We are continuously learning, innovative, adapting and applying best practices with international perspective matched to the unique context for the provision of effective strategies. As part of our expansion, Affinity Consulting maintains a register of experts to deploy at short notice. For Affinity consulting to ensure we offer the best capability and expertise we are looking for knowledgeable candidates within our practice areas that have capacity to deliver across one or more of our service expertise areas.
Job Title: Programme Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
The incumbent will work with the leadership of the organization to deliver on series of organizational actions. The incumbent is expected to work in line with the functional team approach, ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders in all phases of the Program Management Cycle. The job holder will be accountable to perform duties as reflected in their job description.
- Within assigned authority the Programme Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support the management, implementation, coordination and monitoring of programme activities
- Program Officer must Ensure the timely achievement of all project results stipulated in the Description of the Action At Affinity Consulting
- Support coordination of work related to budget and funding (programming of cash installments, progress reports, financial reports, etc.) and prepare related documents/reports (costed work plan, programme budget, etc.).
- Support the delivery of timely reporting to clients and provide regular updates of the project and necessary documentation.
- Support the development the project work plan and documentation to strengthen all aspects of work in line with our service and practice areas
- Maintain close working relationships with relevant administrative and project counterparts
- Support monitoring, evaluation and research including analysis and present information gathered from diverse sources, relevant for project implementation
- Support the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. briefing notes for senior management, reports such as annual, report, technical report, research reports, publications, articles and other relevant documentations including proposals
- Participate in or support field missions (e.g. Monitoring & Evaluation missions) under the project, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and draft mission reports, and ensure follow-up action.
- Perform other work-related duties as required.
- 3-5 years relevant experience with Undergraduate Degree or Masters degree in relevant field of study
- Prior experience working in INGO, academia, foundation and private sector
- Experience and skills in writing reports and all other activities required;
- Experience in working in various locations of the country Proficiency in one or more of our practice areas (Please indicate)
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and interpretation
- Proficiency in developing result matrix, log frames and performance monitoring plan
- Proficiency in applying research methods, especially in field research and surveys, participatory research, interviewing techniques, focus groups and case studies;
- Experience of evaluations of donor-funded programmes;
- Experience of project cycle management (PCM) application
- Proficient in English (written and spoken)
Application Closing Date
9th October 2020
Method of Application
If you are interested to be considered for this role, please send your CV with cover letter that explains your skills and proficiency. CV must a maximum of 6 pages. Please submit as an attachment with your application to: email@example.com copying firstname.lastname@example.org . Use the title of the role – PROGRAM Officer.
Please note that Affinity Consulting reserves the right to close this application request at any time.