Are you a Reporter? Can you work in Canada? If yes, see below for full details and apply below.
Castanet has an immediate opening for a full-time reporter in Kamloops.
We’re seeking an energetic, talented journalist with experience in news and feature writing, photography, website management and video production and editing.
Do you have a nose for news, sense of urgency, skill with a camera and great writing ability? We’re the BC Interior’s 24/7 source for news and information with an audience of more than 500,000 unique visitors a week and 9 million page views.
We’re looking for motivated, self-starting individuals able to produce concise, must-read stories with quality photographs and captivating headlines. You can shoot video consistently and quickly with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to produce at least five tightly written, informative stories a day
- Comfortable reporting in both video and print formats
- Experience in video editing, on-camera work as well as shooting.
- Experience with website content management systems
- Connected to the community with a knowledge of current issues and a network of contacts
- Able to develop own leads and story ideas on a daily basis
- Excellent writing ability and photography skills, strong knowledge of CP style
- Must be social media and computer savvy
- Valid driver’s licence and vehicle
- Availability to work when news happens, both in the office and remotely with a team of journalists throughout the BC Interior.
- Training will be provided.
455 Lawrence Avenue
Kelowna , BC