Will you love to work in United States and are you eligible to work there? If yes, see below for full details.
Responsible for assisting with general farm operations including, but not limited to the planting, maintenance and harvest of the company’s clam and oyster beds. Will perform general grounds maintenance and upkeep and assist with various projects as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times
- Perform tasks on the shellfish beds as directed, to include harvesting oysters in tubs, installing pipe and hanging longlines, and planting, maintaining and harvesting clam beds.
- Demonstrate the ability to work safely and effectively in inclement weather and adverse conditions that are typically found on the tide beds and on the boats.
- Assist with farm organization and clean up as directed
- Operate various farm equipment including pallet jacks, forklifts, and farm boats
- Complete paperwork, logs and maintain records as required
- Maintain farm safety at all times; comply with company health and safety guidelines
- Provide back up support for other duties as needed, to include acting as a deckhand on the dredge boats, cutting longline pipe and making longlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Minimum of six months related experience in the construction, manufacturing, farming, or related industry
- Prior boat operator experience license
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid Driver’s License preferred
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Computer skills in MS Office Suite, primarily Word and Excel
- Data entry skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.