Applications for the Slovak Government Scholarships 2020/2021 are now open. The Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic awards a government scholarship to a national of a partnering country to partially cover the costs associated with studies at a public university located in the Slovak Republic. The scholarships are for undergraduate, master’s and PhD studies.
A government scholarship is awarded
- over the standard duration of studies in the given academic program,
- for ten months in the case of language education,
- during the months between the completion of language education and registration for studies in the given academic program or between the end of studies in one academic program and registration for studies in another academic program, if the participant in language education completes language education or a student completes studies
Government Scholarships of the Slovak Republic will comprise the following items in the 2020/2021 academic year:
- monthly scholarship
- one-time stipend upon the commencement of study in the SR
- one-time stipend upon the completion of study in the SR
- monthly stipend for public university
Scholarship holders also enjoy discounts provided to students in the SR by the relevant sector of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the SR.
A government scholarship may be granted to a citizen of partnering country under (2) who
- temporary residence for the purpose of studies,10)
- temporary residence as a third country national granted Slovak Living Abroad status,11) or
- the right to reside in the territory of the Slovak Republic for a period longer than three months,12)
- a full-time student in an academic programme at a public university located in the Slovak Republic in one of the fields of study under (2) who demonstrates a command of Slovak at the level required by the public university concerned, or
- a participant in language training, and
c) as of 1 September of the year in which the application for a government scholarship is submitted,
- is at least 18 years of age and not more than 26 years of age if the recipient will participate in language training for participation in a first level or second level academic programme or an academic programme combining the first and second levels, or study in such an academic programme or
- is at least 23 years of age and not more than 35 years of age if the recipient will participate in language training for participation in a third level academic programme, or study in such an academic programme.
Afghanistan, Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kenya, Republic of the Sudan, Kosovo, Moldova, Mongolia, Palestinian Territories, Ukraine, and Vietnam
- A record of the highest level of education attained: A school leaving certificate or university degree. If an applicant attained their highest level of education outside of the Slovak Republic, authentication of the signatures and the stamp of the school issuing proof of education is required by the state authority issuing such record or the state authority at the school’s location responsible for such authentication unless an international treaty stipulates otherwise. A certified translation is required of any record confirming the highest level of attained education or a birth certificate completed in any language other than Slovak, Czech, English, French or Spanish; such certified translation may be completed into any of these languages. A record of the highest level of education attained must be added electronically by 31 August at the latest – only applicable to students in their last year of studies.
- A completion certificate: A completion certificate from a secondary school if attached to an application for language education for studies in a first-level academic program or an academic program combining the first and second-levels or studies in such an academic program; otherwise, a transcript of university studies is required. A certificate from the last year of studies must be added electronically by 31 August at the latest – only applicable to students in their last year of studies.
- A letter of acceptance: An acceptance letter if it is an application for studies at university. Must be added by 31 August at the latest.
- Birth certificate: If a birth certificate is in other language than Slovak, Czech, English, French or Spanish, then a certified translation into one of these languages is required.
- Photograph: A photograph measuring 3.5 cm x 4 cm showing the person’s full face, with no glasses with dark lenses, with the face height from the eyes to the chin of at least 13 mm; minimum resolution of 350 x 400 pixels is required for digital images.
- Recommendations from two educational staff members of the secondary school issuing the completion certificate if it is an application for language education for studies in a first-level academic program or an academic program combining the first and second-levels or studies in such an academic program, or
- Recommendations from two university instructors from the university issuing the transcript if it is an application for language education for studies in a second-level academic program or a third-level academic program or studies in such an academic program.
- Curriculum vitae: A signed curriculum vitae. Publications Bibliographical details of publication activities in the scope of the name, author and publisher details with respect to language education for studies in a third-level academic program or studies in such an academic program.
- Passport: A copy of the pages of a passport (travel document) containing the personal details of the holder.
- Signed application The last part “Confirmation” of electronically sent application form with signature.
For more information, visit Slovak Government Scholarships.
Deadline: May 30, 2020