Can you work as Social media coordinator in South Africa? If yes, scroll down and check below for details on how to apply and the requirement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
- Coordinate the creation of content for various social media platforms, in collaboration with the Team Leader: Content Hub and the Interactive Media Coordinator.
- Develop a social media strategy and implement a comprehensive social media plan to broaden the reach of the SARB.
- Develop a social media annual plan that consolidates the communications requirements that arise from the SARB’s mandate, activities and events.
- Develop a social media framework that governs the use of social media within the SARB and the channels within which it is deployed, ensuring it is aligned with the SARB’s social media policy.
- Develop content for the SARB’s various social media platforms and seek necessary approvals for sign-off.
- Adapt multimedia content for the SARB’s social media platforms in collaboration with the Interactive Media Coordinator.
- Utilise multimedia tools to generate social media content proactively and reactively.
- Enhance the public profile of the SARB through the effective management and maintenance of its social media platforms.
- Contribute to the creation of a seamless and consistent stakeholder experience across the SARB’s social media platforms and related communications channels.
- Obtain the relevant content required for the SARB’s social media platforms to increase awareness, knowledge and understanding of the SARB and its policies.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date frequently asked questions framework and related documentation for responding to queries on social media.
- Monitor and evaluate social media platforms on a regular basis to measure public sentiment.
- Manage social media policy protocols to mitigate any potential social media risks.
- Analyse, monitor and consolidate feedback from the social media environment to identify, manage and mitigate potential reputational risks.
- Aggregate the SARB’s tracked social media metrics and trends, and compile the information into reports.
- Track comparable entities to identify any potential gaps in the SARB’s internal social media ecosystem and to align it with current trends.
- Remain current with emerging trends relating to social media and associated platforms.
- Ensure adherence to approved processes and communications policies for all internal and external social media communications.
- Verify that the social media framework adheres to approved processes and communications policies for all internal and external communication.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and social media companies to identify opportunities for the SARB to reach new audiences and to expand the reach of its existing ones.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- a minimum of a National Diploma in Multimedia, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or Advertising; and
- a minimum of three to five years’ experience in media and stakeholder engagement, with a strong experiential background in a digital and/or social media and/or digital channels environment.
Additional requirements include:
- industry, organisational and business awareness knowledge and skill;
- quality assurance knowledge and skill;
- stakeholder management knowledge and skill;
- communications channels/platforms knowledge;
- campaign and solution design knowledge and skill;
- publication and editorial services knowledge and skill;
- communications service delivery knowledge and skill;
- communications information management knowledge and skill; and
- marketing and brand knowledge.
All interested parties are invited to apply.
Internal applicants: Please note that internal applicants MUST apply through the ERP system. Apply now.
Do not enclose copies of your identity document or qualifications with your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to a psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check and a security clearance as part of the selection process.
The closing date for applications is 10 November 2019. Late applications will not be considered.
In line with the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
The SARB offers remuneration and benefits commensurate with the level of the position and in line with the market. The level at which the successful applicant will be appointed will depend on his/her experience and competence.
Ms Sarah Molomo
Senior Manager: Recruitment and Selection
Human Resources Department
Job Link expired…