Can you work in Dubai as a Student Counsellor? If yes, see below for full job details and apply.
About the Role
We are looking for a dynamic, caring, organised individual to join our vibrant Primary school and active Wellbeing team.
The Student Counsellor reports directly in to the School Principal and will work alongside one other counsellor in Primary and two designated Wellbeing ambassadors.
- To organise and provide personal, social, and emotional counselling for WSO’s primary community and sometimes secondary community, as well as nurture a culture of wellbeing through programming across the school community.
- Utilizing leadership, advocacy, and collaboration, school counsellors promote student success, provide preventive services, and respond to identified student needs by implementing a comprehensive school counselling program that includes individual and group counselling, classroom lessons, and school-wide initiatives.
- Provide individual and group counselling to students with identified concerns and needs.
- Deliver lessons in classrooms and assemblies on relevant personal, social, and emotional topics.
- Consult and collaborate effectively with parents/guardians, school leadership, and other educational/community resources regarding students with identified needs and concerns.
- Promote and plan programming for staff wellbeing initiatives.
- Discuss and communicate the goals and progress of the comprehensive school counselling program with leadership and staff.
- Work with the leadership team to develop experiences and activities which are beneficial for students’ holistic development, and which promote responsibility, leadership skills, cooperation and other personal and social skills.
- Maintain current and appropriate resources that can be made readily available for students, parents, and staff.
- Establish procedures for securing external assistance for students with ongoing personal problems and emotional needs.
- Establish procedures and time frames to provide students with personal, social, and emotional counselling.
- Implement an effective referral and follow-up process.
- Maintain student records on progress, achievements, activities and interests.
- Collect and analyze data to guide program direction and delivery.
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and ethical standards of the school counselling profession.
- Participate in regular professional development activities to improve knowledge and skills.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by direct reporting line managers / supervisors.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in either Counselling or Psychology with an expectation to eventually gain a CDA license
- Have an excellent level of English, both written and spoken.
- Ideally have a minimum of 3 years counselling experience in a school setting.
- Be up to date with all developments within the field of Counselling.
- Have excellent knowledge and adaptable towards IT skills.
About your Benefits
We offer a competitive salary to the right candidate, generous holiday allowance, medical insurance, visa if required, bi-annual flight allowance and a child place in a GEMS Premium school, such as ours.