The Institut Français and the Agence Française de Développement (AFD) are accepting applications for their programme Accès Culture.
Accès Culture is a programme aiming to finance and support cultural projects in Africa in order to foster social ties and strengthen collaboration between African and French cultural agents. The programme seeks to partner civil society organisations (CSOs) with locally or regionally operated cultural establishments (conservatories, public art schools, etc.) who will then present a joint proposal for a project responding to a local need.
Through its involvement in the Accès Culture programme, the Conseil Presidentiel pour l’Afrique supports cultural operators from Africa and the Diaspora in France, ambassadors of the common imagination between Africa and France. The laboratory Les Afriques dans le monde (African Diasporas Chair) is a partner of the Accès Culture programme through a research project on the active citizenship of the African diasporas in France through the prism of cultural entrepreneurship.
- Eligible candidates are partnerships rooted in equal cooperation and an exchange of good practice between one French and one African entity. Eligible entities include: associations, foundations, locally or regionally run cultural public establishments having been in operation for at least two (2) years.
- The Accès Culture programme also encourages revitalising cooperation between existing partners.
Eligible projects feature cultural cooperation and are oriented around community arts outreach (awareness and arts education, initiation into a specific art medium, organisation of artistic get-togethers, etc.). The primary goal is to strengthen social ties in Africa by bringing the arts closer to individuals who would otherwise have limited access to such cultural exposure due to their social, economic, cultural and/or geographic background or because of their gender or a disability.
Applicants have the choice between the two following financing possibilities:
– Partner projects lasting one year eligible to receive up to €15,000 per year. Interested partners can apply for this type of financing in 2020, 2021, and 2022.
– Partner projects lasting three years eligible to receive up to €30,000 per year for a total of up to €90,000 over three years. This offer is only open for applications in the year 2020.
– June 2020: Call for applications will be launched on: https://www.pro.institutfrancais.com/fr/offre/accesculture
– 30 July 2020: Deadline to submit an application
– August – September 2020: Review of applications
– End September 2020: Grant recipients will be announced
For More Information: