Making of Champions Limited is a Sports Media & Management Company that was set up to elevate the profile and performance of Sports in Nigeria and the rest of Africa, and is dedicated to maximising the potential that sports has to bring the country, and the continent on a whole, together.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Videographer
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Shoot & Edit Athletics race and interview videos at Competitions across Nigeria, and publishing of video content across MoC Social Media Platforms (Website, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications and consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Write, edit and review shooting scripts and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Create rough and final cuts, trim footage segments, ensure logical sequencing, edit videos in a way that is invisible to the audience, and input music, subtitles, graphics and effects into videos
- Design a wide range of graphics elements from concept to completion for videos, animations, illustrations, infographics, etc, for use in digital advertising, social media, print media, landing pages, website, emails, business proposals, and other promotional/marketing materials
- Videographer must continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
- Report to CEO or Corporate Partnerships Manager and based in Lagos full-time with frequent travel nationwide to cover domestic events immediately, and travel to international competitions possible within 2-3 years.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field (Theatre / Visual Arts, Cinematography or related field preferred).
- At least 2-3 years experience with video pre-production, production & post-production including editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Knowledge of field production techniques and standards including planning film videos on set or on location, editing footage for post-production, inserting closed captions, graphics, or other on-screen text & effects
- Relative fitness and stamina to work long hours, proficiency with camera equipment, and readiness to travel at any point needed
- A strong eye for visual composition, demonstrable video & visual design skills with a strong portfolio and ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written, audio and video format.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism, effective time management skills to meet tight deadlines, and strong records maintenance and content archiving skills
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design and experience with computer-aided graphics design are advantages
- Deep knowledge of Nigerian Athletics and strong interest in World Athletics and other Sports, as well as strong expertise with Social Media publishing tools (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) are advantages.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Full or Part-time salary negotiable (based on experience)
- All expenses paid trips to cover National Competitions. E.g. in 2021,
- AFN Competitions across Nigeria (Akure, Port Harcourt, Kaduna, Benin, Abuja, etc)
- National Sports Festival, Edo State
- National Trials for the Olympic Games
- National U20 & U18 Championships.
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, a link to your portfolio and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “MoC Videographer” as the subject of the email.
Note: Interviews will take place immediately, through the end of January, 2021