Turn straightforward information into punchy, engaging and confident online copy.
We are looking for a talented writer for an interesting client project. This is contract role for now, and if that’s the relationship you want for the longer term, that works for us. We will also be hiring for our full-time team, but we can start that conversation after we’ve gotten to know each other a bit better through the work we do together on this project.
Working with our internal creative and account teams, you will write our client’s new career website. We are looking for friendly and conversational style; you can write in a tone that evokes grit, edge and tenacity; you will transform our client’s employment policies, practices and employee value propositions into content that attracts and engages.
You must be skilled at writing in adapted voices to connect with different audiences, differentiate stakeholder perspectives and simplify the complicated.
You will work with our Talent Strategist and Project Manager to understand our client’s information and adapt what can be somewhat dry and technical content into the tone-of-voice from other sections of their site. While you will be provided with some direction, we will rely on your experience and judgement to extrapolate the desired results.
Your work will include:
- Consume, decipher and organize different inputs (presentations, documents, facilitated workshop sessions, telephone interviews etc.) and transform them into united creative executions that are consistent with the client’s brand and voice.
- Align strategic thinking with creative expression to simplify the complex while making an emotional connection with the target audience;
- Lead or participate confidently with a comfort to communicate ideas, leading and/or participating in team discussions and aligning team members with different perspectives.
- Present work in progress; interact with our team and the clients to receive feedback and work to move the project forward.
You are a strategically focused and flexible writer, with experience in long and short online copy.
- You must have excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, as well as creativity; a collaborative spirit, easy to work with, reliable and organized.
- Writing experience in, and practical knowledge of, Human Resources, Internal Communications (client side) and/or demonstrated B2B experience is highly desired.
- You have a firm grasp of SEO principles, have strong business acumen, and formulate compelling narratives that bring together employees and other stakeholders.
- Undergraduate degree in in English, Journalism or Marketing AND proven experience as described above.
- You have the ability to work independently, with excellent time-management and organizational skills.
If you are confident and enthusiastic with a proactive approach to communications, and looking for interesting work with purpose, your efforts will contribute to making a difference for a lot of people.
Please submit a short cover letter, your resume and a well-organized single attachment containing samples of your work which shows you read our information above.
Nexus Communications is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace.
Job Link expired…